Sunday, August 29, 2010

My first post!

Hello! I have been told that I should start a blog so my family and friends can follow me on the big adventure I am about to undergo!

For those of you who still do not know my modeling story, I'll give you a simplified version!
Basically, I decided to start modeling this year.  I took classes and did my training at Advantage Models & Talent in Franklin, TN.  From there I auditioned for AMTC (Actors, Models, and Talent for Christ), a large convention held twice a year in Orlando for kids, teens, and adults interested in pursuing all acting, modeling, dancing, singing, etc.  At AMTC I competed in Modeling and Acting, and I won Overall Actress in my division and Overall Model Finalist.  I also had 24 callbacks with Modeling and Acting agencies from all over.  I am so blessed!  After meeting with most of those callbacks (I didn't have time to meet with all, but I prioritized) I conveniently had a senior trip planned to NYC with my best friend Lindsey.  While in New York I received contract offers from several agencies. But, in the end I decided Next Model Management (ranked 3rd in the US) was the best fit for me! The catch was that I would have to move to NYC, therefore giving up going to the University of Tennessee like I had planned all year.  It was definitely a hard decision not only for me, but for my family as well.  I prayed and prayed and God showed me that this was what I was supposed to be doing.  The whole thing completely fell into place, it wasn't forced, and so that is why I know in my heart God wants me in New York to be a light for him.

I am tentatively scheduled to move to NYC September 20th.  I will live in a model apartment with 3 other girls.  I am anxious, excited, and a little scared but I know this is where I am supposed to be.

I look forward to keeping everyone updated on my journey via blog!

Blessings,
Lauren

The Road Not Taken
By Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the road less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment